Thursday, September 16, 2010

IP Blog post 2

Interesting title, I know. I don't have many images to put here this week, but let the record show I did write an outline and a little bit of dialogue. It's tougher than I thought it would be.

I also made the decision to go with pure black and white, inserting color strategically...

Anyway, here's some inks I did. Jane was with a #2 brush, Martina was in photoshop (yuck)

Mmmmmm deliciously low-res. Sorry people.

I have a huge urge to do a bunch of random drawings of these two, but at the same time I feel like my creativity needs to be concentrated on more important aspects...Maybe I'll get around to it anyway.

This week I'm working on more character designs, more dialogue, and improving the structure of the story. The story I'm not going to post here for the public to see, because I don't want to ruin it for anybody. I want this blog to be for the visuals of the story only.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're experimenting and making decisions on visuals. Post the comparisons-- we want to see them! You showed me some great iterations with the color and outlining, etc when we were in the studios. It would be a loss not to show Janie, Seth, and Erica what decisions you're making. Not to mention, it shows how much you're experimenting- which is awesome.

    In terms of the plot development, Seth's talk about creating story lines and building narrative will obviously be great for you. I'm not sure how I feel about you keeping that info secret and off the blog... we can be really helpful and this is a good way to get it to everyone. We can always find another way though--
    great job and keep up the good work!
    Talk to you soon,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete